Friday, January 21, 2011

Midnight Observations

Our bus rolls down the dark road, bringing us ever closer to the pilgrim home. I watch the Illinois lights pass by and am captivated by the reflection I see in the window. A nun sits solitary reading her devotionals. It is easy to recognize that she is not only reading but in deep conversation with her Lord, Jesus. I can not help but be jealous of her contentment in the Lord.

I recall the fleeting moment in my life when praying that I realized that that connection with God is what I truly need to bring me perfect happiness in my life.

As I lay my head down to sleep I pray that the Holy Spirit might be that connection with God. That is what I truly need to bring me perfect happiness in my life. As I lay my head down to sleep I pray that the Holy Spirit might bring me that contentment once more, if only for a fleeting moment.

~ Posted by Jack

2 comments:

Ducinaltum said...

Thanks for the reflection Jack!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful reflection.
Thank you for sharing it.
So many are praying for you all.
God be with you.
Maria